Saturday, September 06, 2014

Saturday 9: Roar

Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9: Roar
(recommended by Cat)

If you're not familiar with today's song, you can hear it here.

1) The lyrics begin with Katy singing about when she used to "hold her tongue." Tell us about a time when you didn't speak up, but wish you had.
I bite my tongue all the time, especially in meetings. Sometimes they just have to learn from their own mistakes.

2) The lyrics mention both lions and tigers. In addition to the big cats, the video shows a monkey and an elephant. If we were going to the zoo today, which animal would you want to see first?
The monkeys. I could use a good laugh.

3) Lions and tigers are carnivores. If we were having steak for dinner, would you order it rare, medium or well done?
Medium.

4) Lots of photos are snapped at the zoo. Did you take your last picture with a camera or with your phone?
With my camera…

5) The "Roar" video takes place in the jungle. The average temperature all year around in the rainforest is a humid 80º. The typical September day in Juneau is 49º, dry and sunny. Which sounds more comfortable?
I don’t like the humidity and 49o isn’t bad, it is a light jacket type of day.

6) In her youth, Katy took dance lessons at the local recreation hall in Santa Barbara. Crazy Sam took tap dance lessons as a girl, too. What about you? Were you sent off to dance class? Music lessons? Art class?
Nope, none of the above.

7) Katy recently passed Justin Bieber as the most followed person on Twitter. What's the last message you re-tweeted?
That was a very long time ago, probably it was back in grad school.

8) Congratulations! You just won the lottery! Do you want it in a lump sum, or would you prefer payments over the next 25 years?
Paid out over 25 years. I worry about another market collapse.

9) Did you get 8 hours sleep last night?
Ha! Are you kidding? Four hours, I usually go to sleep around 11 and wake up around two or three and fall back to sleep around 5 – 5:30 and sleep for a couple of more hours. But last night I couldn’t get back to sleep.

7 comments:

  1. What a lovely dock/ship shot!

    I crashed on the sofa and then, when I was ready to go to bed, I couldn't sleep. It took me forever to doze off. I hate that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate having interrupted sleep. I'm usually wiped out the next evening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the monkeys are fun to watch! they just swing around and play and make all kinds of noises! i like watching them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Market collapse? Wow. That is really thinking about the question.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I rarely sleep thorough the night any more. Usually it's the fault of a dog too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too have interrupted sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The photo is so beautiful. That phone camera of yours is awesome!

    49 degrees is definitely down jacket weather for this Californian.

    ReplyDelete