Monday, September 22, 2014

Have You Ever…

Had a store clerk harass you in a check-out line?
Australia: Trans teenager says supermarket cashier ‘laughed in face’ over old ID
Pink News UK
By Nick Duffy
21st September 2014

A transgender teenager in Australia has filed a complaint, after a supermarket cashier laughed in his face when looking at his ID.

The 19-year-old man, who wishes to remain anonymous, told the Sydney Morning Herald he was refused cigarettes by an employee at Woolworths supermarket (not affiliated with the defunct UK chain) in Wollongong, because he had not been able to update his ID since transitioning.
Has this happened to you?

For me when I was first transitioning I has the most troubles, over time I think I became more relaxed and less “deer in the headlights” looking. But once in awhile I run into a jerk, it is usually a teenage boy that gives me a hard time. The last time was at Kohl’s and it was probably in the early spring, a teenage boy was at the register and I thought he was going to chock trying not to laugh out loud.

Then on the other side of the spectrum a clerk at the local Stop & Shop is very friendly she always talks to me if she is at the clerk checkout aisle  and if her line isn’t too long I will pick her aisle.

No comments:

Post a Comment