Sunday, September 07, 2014

Dating

One of the big issues that we have being trans is tell a prospective partner about our history or do we even tell them about our past. Metro has an interesting article on dating for trans-men.
How to ask a woman out when you’re a transgender man
Sunday 7 Sep 2014

But, like all great hypocrites, I’m very much aware of what I should be doing even if I’m not quite able to actually do it myself.

Here’s how to make the first move if you’re a trans guy.

Firstly, don’t make the whole transgender thing a big issue.

I’m not advocating that you lie here, that’s just stupid because she’s going to find out sooner or later, especially when she asks you what school you went to and you have to mention that well-known all-girls grammar.

But it doesn’t have to be a lead item unless you want it to be.
And he offers another bit of advice…
Allowing the person to get to know you as a person before declaring your transgender status will make it harder for them to reject you solely because of it.
Which I think is a sound advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment