Friday, August 08, 2014

Bigot.

I don’t know how else to describe the person but then again she is on Fox, so I don’t expect much out of them…
Laura Ingraham says hormone therapy for transgender kids is “child abuse”
The conservative gabber worries that "tomboys" like herself might be "pigeonholed" as transgender 
By Elias Isquith
Salon
August 6, 2014

Speaking on her radio show Wednesday, conservative talk show star and potential future politician Laura Ingraham displayed her vast and comprehensive understanding of transgender issues by implying parents whose daughters are “tomboys” may be “pigeonholed” as transgender and made to undergo hormone therapy, a procedure she called a form of “child abuse.”

“I was a big tomboy,” Ingraham said. “I hated wearing dresses, I liked to wear pants … I was the quintessential tomboy.” Apparently worried that her audience may misinterpret the meaning of these biographical details, Ingraham next sheepishly noted, “I don’t happen to be transgender or anything.”

“I’m just me,” she added. “I’m a heterosexual person.” (Ingraham evidently does not know that being transgender and being heterosexual are not mutually exclusive.)
You know if you really wanted to understand what you are talking about all you have to do is ask a trans-person. Call NCTE. Call a local chapter of PFLAG.

But then again she and her guest Margaret Wente don’t really want to learn because they have their ideology to push and she wouldn’t on Fox if she did learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment