Friday, August 01, 2014

I Just Want To Know How.

It is that time again, when politicians promise rose gardens. Here in Connecticut it is primary season and the candidates are running their ads… the feel good and apple pie ads.

You know the ones where they are walking with their family or their spouse say how wonderful they are with their kids standing around them. Or their friends saying how magnificent they are and how they helped them through tough times.

The one I like best is the one promising to cut taxes and balance the budget. There is one candidate promising to do away with the income tax for middle income voters and balance the budget.

I just want to know one thing, HOW? How are you going to do it? What are you going to cut? Aid to city and towns so my town tax increases? Are you going to cut funding to education? Social services? What?

I don’t care if your friends can say that you walk on water, I want to know the nuts and bolts. I want to know what you are going to cut, I want to know how you plan on doing it so I can compare you to other candidates.

1 comment:

  1. I agree wholeheartedly. I know the candidates you are talking about: all promises and no math to back it up.

    ReplyDelete