Saturday, June 07, 2014

Two For One Saturday

I didn’t sleep that well last night (as usual) so I decided to combine both Saturday memes (Saturday 9 & Saturday Six) that I usually do today.

Patrick’s Place Saturday Six #530

1. V is for VACATION: Where is a place you’d really like to take a vacation trip to if money were no object?
I would just like to explore North America, travel all around the U.S. and Canada. Visiting the states that I haven’t visited and the Canadian Rocky’s, maybe driving up the Alaskan Highway.

2. V is for VACILLATE: Do you consider someone who changes his opinion on something weak or wise?
It depends upon how they change their mind, if it is because the facts change or you learn something new about it, than I think that would be wise (see yesterday’s blog about ENDA). But if the they are just wishy-washy then that is weak.

3. V is for VACUUM: As a general rule, how often should a common area like a living room be acuumed?
Once a week usually.

4. V is for VAGAS: Have you ever experienced lightheadedness or actually fainted from having blood drawn or seeing blood?
I experience lightheadedness all the time, I am on medication that regulates the heart and standing up after sitting sometimes causes lightheadedness in me. I was at the dentist the other day and when I stood up after laying in the dental chair I had to stand there for a few seconds when my lightheadedness cleared.

5. V is for VEXILLOLOGY: Other than the United States, which country’s national flag do you like most?
Is that a loaded question? Actually I don’t “like” any flag, I like the idea which it stands for.

6. V is for VINOLENT: What is your favorite kind of wine?
Chardonnay or a Pinot Grigio or a Cabernet Sauvignon Rose depending upon my mood. Generally I do not like a red wine or more to the point my stomach doesn’t like a red wine, it is too acidy for me. (Here is a nifty wine chart)

Next week’s edition of the Saturday Six will feature six questions inspired by the letter W.


# # # # #

Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9: Walk This Way
(recommended by In the Company of Me)

If you're not familiar with today's song, you can hear it here.

1) This song is about a young man who takes advantage of his "big chance at a high school dance." Share a memory from your high school years.
Okay, here is one… we tried to put a tire over the flag pole during our senior year. After an hour of trying in the early morning hours we gave up.

2) Lead singer Steven Tyler is the son of a working mother (mom Susan was a secretary). Did your mother work outside the home?
Nope, she was a typical 50’s housewife right down to have a Bourbon Manhattan ready for my father when he came home from work at five o’clock.

3) Onstage, Tyler takes colorful scarves from around his neck and drapes them over the microphone. Do you accessorize your outfits with scarves and belts? Or do you prefer to keep things simple?
I keep it pretty simple. The only time I wear a scarf is when it is cold outside.

4) Tyler confessed to having a massive crush on Jennifer Lopez, his fellow judge on American Idol. Do you think a coworker has ever had a crush on you?
Nope.

5) Aerosmith lead guitarist Joe Perry says seeing The Beatles on The Ed Sullivan Show in 1964 inspired him to go into music. How did you end up in your chosen profession?
Well my first profession was because I liked science and electricity and my second profession because I wanted to help people.

6) Perry's hobby, breeding horses, is very lucrative. What are your hobbies?
Photography
Last Sunday's sunset on the lake... no, literally on the lake. It is a reflection of the clouds on the lake.

7) Aerosmith performed before their biggest-ever TV audience when they played the Super Bowl halftime show in 2001. Are you a football fan? If so, do you prefer college football or the NFL? What teams do you root for?
Sports just doesn’t interest me.

8) Now that we're into summer, the days are longer. When is the last time you watched the sun set?
Last weekend when I was up at the cottage.

9) What time did you go to sleep last night?
Let’s see, I feel asleep around ten and woke up around 1:30. I couldn’t get back to sleep so I had breakfast at 5 and then I went back to sleep at 5:30, and I woke up again at 9:30.

6 comments:

  1. Our moms sound rather similar. (So do our dads.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate having one of those #9 nights .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photos are gorgeous. I love the sky reflected in the water.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a profession that I entered because I wanted to help people. All it did was turn me sour on people...some people anyway :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I told my hubs when we got together that I was NOT going to be a 1950s-type of housewife. And I'm so not. My house is messy and I only cook when I really feel like it. LOL

    I had to double-take the clouds on the lake picture. That's beauteous!

    ReplyDelete