Saturday, June 21, 2014

Saturday 9: Little Red Corvette

Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9: Little Red Corvette

(recommended by Smellyann)

No link this week. Prince apparently is very strict about copyright infringement.

1) The subject of this song is frankly sexual. Do you blush easily?
Oh yes.

2) Prince is his real name (Prince Rogers, to be exact). Growing up, his relatives called him "Skipper." Do you have any nicknames within your family?
It is not very original, “D” or some call me "Di"

3) Prince says he's "obsessed" with Mozart and reads whatever he can find about the composer. What's the last book you read?
Amazing Stories from November 1930, I’m now reading City of Light (The Traveler's Gate Trilogy: Book #3) by Will Wight

4) Between Prince and The Beach Boys, the Corvette is a much sung-about car. Tell us about your vehicle.It is a Plug-In Prius and right now I’m getting 65 mpg, on my last tankful I had 70 mpg.

5) In the 1980s, when Prince was popular, MTV could turn a song into a hit. In 2014, how do you hear new music?
BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

6) In 1982, when "Little Red Corvette" ruled the airwaves, Braniff Airways shocked the travel industry and threw passengers into chaos by declaring bankruptcy. When did you last fly? Did your trip go smoothly?
That was back in 1999 and yes, the trip did go smoothly.

7) 1982 is also the year Disney opened Epcot. Have you ever been to a Disney park?
Nope. And I never care to go to an amusement park, we have two parks nearby. One is a Six Flags park and the other one is Lake Compounce that is owned by Kennywood Entertainment, it is the oldest, continuously-operating amusement park in North America, having its genesis more than 165 years ago in 1846!

8) 1982 is the year Cheers premiered. The sitcom was set in a bar where "everybody knows your name." Tell us about your favorite local bar or restaurant.
The Blue Lobster, it is nothing fancy just a lot of fried seafood and lobster rolls, but it is fresh and large helpings.

9) The 1980s were considered a highpoint in professional tennis, with Jimmy Connors and John McEnroe dominating the sport. Do you play tennis?
Nope! I can’t see chasing any ball around. This weekend is the Traveler’s PGA Tournament and everyone goes nuts.

9 comments:

  1. This weekend everyone will focus on Soccer....I don't get ball games.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Prius sounds impressive -- good for the environment and easy on your wallet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always thought tennis was fun... but golf? That eludes me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your answer to the new music. That is kind of what it all sounds like nowadays. I listen to the stuff I grew up with most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I would like The Blue Lobster. And same with Banker Chick, soccer is on every TV right now around here, even in all the stores. I don't get the hype at all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband just doesn't get why I could care less about those PGA tournaments....zzzzzz......

    ReplyDelete
  7. Boy do I know all about that BOOM BOOM BOOM noise! Why they need it that loud I'll never know!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll try to turn my radio down around you guys! ;)

    And I officially covet your Prius.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have one of my dream cars!!

    ReplyDelete