Saturday, September 14, 2013

Saturday Six #492

Patrick’s Place Saturday Six #492

1. What did you enjoy most about kindergarten?
I don’t know what I enjoyed about it, it was more like hating it school.

2. What did you enjoy most about elementary school?
You know what you are asking was over fifty years ago, I don’t remember that much from that era.

3. What did you enjoy most about junior high/middle school?
Again what I mostly remember from junior high school was the nuns rapping my knuckle with a ruler for smudging the ink on the paper because I’m left handed.

4. What did you enjoy most about high school?
Science club and building a giant 6 foot Tesla Coil.

5. Which grade or year of school was your least favorite and why?
It is a toss-up between grades 1 through 12. If you hadn’t figured it out yet, I hated school. I was called  “four eyes” and all the other names in the book.

6. What percentage of your classmates do you still have some real interaction with at least once per year?
One, he runs a farm-stand and I stop by and talk to him once or twice a year. But here is a long story…

Earlier this year the town was trying to covert an old golf course where I walk into soccer fields. Those of us who were trying to stop them were looking for ways to block the development and I remember a Facebook friend mentioning that she was a member of town historical society and I contacted her. She told me that it was a historical site, the first gun factory in the country. So I meet her and her mother as we walked the site and as we talked it turned out that her mother and I went to school together (You can read the whole story here).

No comments:

Post a Comment