Saturday, September 07, 2013

Saturday Six #491

Patrick’s Place Saturday Six #491

1. How many flashlights do you own?
I have no idea, probably over a half a dozen. But I also have  four oil lamps and one propane lantern that is equal to a 100 watt light bulb.

2. When did you last use a flashlight?
Up at the cottage a couple of weeks ago when I was trying to photography the night sky.

3. When is the last time you lost power at your home?
Last fall when Hurricane Sandy came through and I lost power for 3 days. I was lucky, some places lost power for over 10 days.

4. How many light bulbs do you have installed in various fixtures in your home right now?
Wow, I have no idea, probably over 50 bulbs.

5. Of those, how many bulbs are the new “CFL” bulbs?
Probably more than half.

6. If you could eliminate either the old-style Edison bulbs or the new-style CFL bulbs, which would get the axe and why?
I would probably keep the incandescent bulbs because some places are not suitable for CFL. For example a closet light, I only turn it on too walk into the closet and back out and the CFL takes time for it to reach maximum brightness. CFL are really good in places where the light is lit for a long time. Now if LEDs came down in price I would have them everywhere, but as it is now I would have to take out a second mortgage on the house to replace them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment