Sunday, September 22, 2013

Did You Feel The World Coming To A Screeching Stop On Friday?

Neither did I. There were no earthquakes, meteors or any other calamity when Cassidy Lynn Campbell was elected Homecoming Queen at Marina High School in Huntington Beach.
Transgender Student In Huntington Beach Named Homecoming Queen
CBSLA Ch2
September 20, 2013 8:00 PM

HUNTINGTON BEACH (CBSLA.com) — A transgender student at Marina High School in Huntington Beach made history Friday evening by becoming the school’s Homecoming Queen.

Cassidy Lynn Campbell, who was among five finalists, was selected for the coveted title. The announcement was made during halftime of Friday night’s game.

Earlier in the day, students reportedly erupted in cheers when it was announced that Campbell was among the finalists.
It was the student body that voted her Homecoming Queen, it was the students who rose up above fray over her being trans and elected her. It is the adults who have problems with trans-woman as a Homecoming Queen, the students see the person, it is the adults who cannot see past the bigotry. It is the adults who are writing that is bring her down on what should be her greatest day in her life.

I wrote this Saturday morning to be posted this morning, but since then there has been news articles about the hateful comments...
Transgender Teen Crowned Homecoming Queen Confesses It's Not What She Hoped For: 'I'm So Sad, I'm So Distraught'
LAist
By Emma G. Gallegos
Sep 21, 2013

Last night transgender teen Cassidy Lynn Campbell won her bid to become homecoming queen at Marina High School in Huntington Beach. It should have been a happy ending to her campaign for the crown that attracted nationwide attention.
[…]
But the afterglow of her win didn't last long. Today Campbell posted a video of herself on her YouTube channel that she mostly uses to document her transition. Dressed in her homecoming queen crown and sash, she confessed that she wasn't feeling happy about her win. The negative comments that she had received from strangers had gotten her down: "Why is it that I fucking won homecoming queen but I'm not happy? I'm so sad, I'm so distraught and so broken down and so upset and so deteriorated and so tired of the world. I'm tired of the lies."

Campbell said that she's been deluged with "negative," "judgmental," "mean," "hateful" and "ignorant" comments, including some claiming that she is pretending to be a female. She reiterated what she's said before in media interviews: that she's felt like a girl since she can remember and it's dressing like a boy that feels like a fraud to her. She says, "It still does hurt my feelings because I'm a human being just like any girl out there. Take 'girl' out of it. I'm a human being."
Hate!

Why?

Why do they hate like that? Why waste your life hating? What do you get out of life in bring down someone else? Why do you want to drive someone to suicide?

I don’t understand, you only have one life and why waste it hating? Why do you call yourself a “Christian” when Jesus taught love?

She is not hurting you, you don’t even know her. Does she threaten you so much that you want to attack her?

I feel so sad for you, what a sad life you must lead.


I deleted the video because it was autostart and I hate when I don't have a choice to watch a video.

No comments:

Post a Comment