Saturday, July 20, 2013

Saturday 9: Endless Summer

Crazy Sam’s  Saturday 9: Endless Summer


Thanks to Kwizgiver for recommending The Beach Boys

1) The best-selling Beach Boys album of all time is this two disc greatest hits compilation. Do you have favorite Beach Boys song?
409

Back in high school I hung around with “gear heads”, but they weren’t 409s but 427s. I don’t remember how many times I help carry a short block out of a basement.

2) The original members of the group were the Wilson brothers, their cousin Mike and a friend from the neighborhood. Have you ever worked with a family member?
Yes and for the sake of family unity I’m not saying anything more.

3) Originally released in the mid-1970s, Endless Summer was one of the first fast-selling albums sold on TV. Have you ever picked up the phone and purchased anything directly from TV?
Nope.
But I meet the “But wait there’s more!” guy once. I was talking to friend when he join the conversation, he was a friend of my friend, and when he was talking I couldn’t place the voice. He saw me looking at him funny and he smiled and said “But wait there’s more!” Of course I recognized the voice right away.

4) The Beach Boys are very popular in Australia. Have you ever been Down Under?
Nope, but I would like to visit there and New Zealand.

5) Actor John Stamos played bongos on the Beach Boys' hit, "Kokomo." In his younger days, Stamos was Blackie on the daytime drama, General Hospital. Have you ever followed a soap opera?
Never got into them, I like shows that end in an hour.

6) Many Beach Boys songs revolve around the surf. How are you on a surf board?
Horrible! I tried surfing once on Martha's Vineyard, it was a disaster. I didn’t like having to get sand out of ever opening in my body.

7) Would you prefer summer to be endless? Or do you enjoy the changing seasons?
Well it depends, if it was like this week where it was 90 and 90, no. However, I wouldn’t mind if we had three seasons spring, summer and fall.

8) Do your summer 2013 plans include a trip to a waterpark?
Nope, I rather hang out at the lake.

9) Describe your swimsuit.
I can do better than describe it…

5 comments:

  1. I love going to the lake. I just took the girls to our local State Park on Wednesday to swim. It was SO hot!

    Colletta

    http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2013/07/saturday-9-endless-summer-72013.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a fan of the 90+ degree endless summer, either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. But wait..... :) Good one.
    Cute suit :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I respect this answer: "I don’t remember how many times I helped carry a short block out of a basement." I just have no idea what it says. (I am the least car literate person you'll ever meet.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A short block is part of a car motor, it is the part of the motor with the pistons and as you can imagine it is very, very heavy.

    ReplyDelete