Friday, April 26, 2013

A Busy Couple Of Days

Today I have a funeral to attend at noon for one of my former technicians. He was hired the same year as I was and we were the same age. We were both technicians and then I was promoted to a junior engineer and he was the one who told me about the job opening for the supervisor of the test department. I was his boss for a couple of years and then he was promoted to a junior engineer and went up to engineering building in Windsor.

Today with be the first time that I will see all the other engineers that I used to worked with since was laid off and I transitioned. I go out to lunch two or three times a year with a couple of friends from work but I haven’t met anyone else from work and I nervous as hell. I can talk to 200 people or stare at a TV camera but meeting people who have known me before I transition is hard. One thing is they have known me as I use to be and another thing it is hard on me because I related to them as my old self.

In addition, today I have to make a reservation for our Keynote Speaker and stop by the bank to deposit checks for the conference.

Then in the evening I’m going to an alumni gathering for the School of Social Work even though it will not be stressful like the funeral it still will be tiring standing on my feet the entire time.

Saturday morning I have to be at UConn Health Center at 7:30 in the morning to help set up for the conference and I won’t get home until after 7 at night.

If that wasn’t enough, on Sunday I’m going up to the cottage in New Hampshire to work on a plumbing leak.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a lot of stress and activity. Try to get enough sleep and remember to take care of yourself! I hope everything goes well!

    ReplyDelete