Saturday, March 30, 2013

Saturday Six #468

Patrick’s Place Saturday Six #468

1. How much older or younger than your actual age do you feel on an average day?
I feel much older that my actual age, but I’m slowly recovering from last year illness.

2. What’s the best part of being the age you are now?
Being retired and not having to work, doing what you want to when you want to do. On Thursday I went to a lecture at my Alma mater, it was nice to be able to have that freedom.

3. What’s the most challenging part of being the age you are now?
Being retired and trying to find something to do. You can only clean the house so much, you can only work on your hobbies so much and you can only go out to lunch with friends only so many times, and that leaves a lot of time to figure out what to do.

4. Are most of the people to whom you feel closest younger than you, older than you, or your age?
They are a little younger than me and they are still working.

5. Think back to when you were in high school and you saw someone who was your age now: looking back, what was your younger self’s biggest misconception about someone your age now?
That we didn’t know anything, when in truth it is the other way around.

6. What do you think of that old saying: Is age really just a number?
Yes, but it is a really big number! My brother is turning 70 and one of my cousins is almost 80! Yikes! It just seems like the other day they were chasing me around and picking on me all the time because I was the youngest.
But no matter how young you feel, you never know when something is going to turn on you and bite you in the ass. Last year this time I was so sick I didn’t even want to get out of bed and make breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment