Wednesday, November 14, 2012

The Best Reason Yet To Support Gay Marriage


CollegeHumor's Favorite Funny Videos

Comment 11/15/12:
I have heard that this video has a down side for women. As one wife of a trans-woman that I know wrote on another blog...
I saw this get posted a lot lately, & it just made me sad.

The reality for women who are married to gay men is pretty fucking awful & likewise for men married to lesbians (Straight Spouse Network) .

For the SO [partner], this is no joke, but instead, a dream of a marriage shattered.
Comment 11/17/12: 
A few more comments about this that I read, it reenforces the gay stereotype and "it occurred to me that these men in the video were essentially manipulating women just as objects in their scheme to get what they want,"

For many LGBT people they think, all it will take is finding the right woman/man to make me straight or others are in denial and do not think they are LGBT. Some even marry as a camouflage to hide the LGBTness. Which leave the spouse rightly feeling bitter for being used.

1 comment:

  1. I saw that video and laughed. It is funny, but in reality nobody would be happy in those marriages.

    ReplyDelete