Saturday, August 04, 2012

Saturday Six #434

Patrick’s Place Saturday Six #434

1. What is the last business you decided to boycott because a group called for one?
I don’t know if I have boycotted any business. However, I only shop at Walmart if they are the last resort. But I don’t go there because of a boycott, I don’t go there because of how they treat their employees.

2. What business have you most recently boycotted because of your own experience with the company?
None.

3. Have you ever patronized a business specifically because others have called for a boycott?
Nope.

4. What is the key factor you use in deciding whether you’ll patronize a business whose owners have views other than your own?
I don’t know. I never really researched the businesses that I patronized, if the treat me OK, I’ll keep coming back. I know I won’t go to the local hardware store because of the way they treated me. I usually go to local businesses over large box store, but I’ll go to the box over that hardware store.

5. How much research do you typically do into the charitable contributions or philosophies of the corporate owners of a business before you patronize it?
I only give to local non-profits that I know.

6. What single business do you patronize that most closely matches your own world view?
As I said, I don’t research businesses, so I don’t know their views

No comments:

Post a Comment