Wednesday, August 29, 2012

My Story Part 132 – I Caught You

Long before I transitioned I use to crossdress in the privacy of my house which resulted in many close calls. The first close call was back in the mid-sixties when I was in my early teens. My mother use to go to Hartford for her monthly allergy shots and while she was away I use to crossdress. Then one day my brother stopped home for lunch from his summer job… YIKES! Panic! I hid in bed with the sheets up to my neck and my brother commented about still being in bed at noon, I feared that he would pull the sheets down and tell me to get up.

My next near miss was when I was in high school and my parents went to a wedding one of our neighbor kids, so while they were away for the afternoon, I decided Diana could get some relaxing time. I was watching TV in the den when I heard a car door slam, I looked out the window and it was my parents. I was cut off from my bedroom so I couldn’t go and change, so I hide in the garage until they left. Whew!

Another time my parents went down to Florida for two months during the winter months, so I had the whole house to myself (I lived at my parents’ house for a number of years after college, in the winter they went south and in the summer they went north. I mowed the grass and cleaned the snow off the driveway in winter, so basically I had the house to myself except for part of November, December and part of April and May). One spring day I was watching TV in the den when a friend came to the back door and there was no place to hide and I had to answer the door because he would have seen my car in the driveway. So I opened the door a little way and told my friend to come back later, that I was getting ready to take a shower. Thirty years later when I was transitioning and I came out to my friends, he said that he knew I was crossdressed that day but he never said anything to me or anyone else and it didn’t interfere with our friendship (I stopped by his house the other day and we talked about our favorite topic, politics).

My last close call came when I was smoking a joint outside in the back of my house. In the backof the house, I have woods on three sides and I didn’t think anyone way back there. But he does construction work (I known him since elementary school and he did the excavation for the foundation and the final grade for my house.) and has a backhoe and my neighbor wanted to hire him and he was checking out the job. About a half hour later he stopped by my house and asked who the woman that was in my back yard was and I said it was my cousin who stopped by while her son played Little League. Whether he bought my story I never knew.

Now it goes the other way. When I went to vote, the person who was checking IDs at the door, looked at my license and asked if I was related to (my male name) and I replied, yes, I know him very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment