Sunday, May 13, 2012

Bureaucrats Know A Thousand Ways To Obstruct

It doesn’t matter what country you live in, if a bureaucrats wants to screw you over they can…
ID crisis after sex change ends in court
Pretoria News
By Zelda Venter
May 10 2012 at 03:05pm

The new documents will also make life a lot easier for this 41-year-old redhead, as she is no longer a man as reflected on her identity documents.

She cannot travel as she cannot get a passport.

Neither can she get a job, as she cannot prove her true identity.

Fed up after a two-year struggle with the Department of Home Affairs, Louw obtained a Pretoria High Court order last week compelling the department to consider her application within 30 days to have her birth certificate and ID altered to show her new sex.
[…]
The department immediately responded following the order and met her at its office in Belville yesterday, but Louw was faced with another problem.

“They told me they had mislaid my original documents and that I had to apply again for these documents.” Louw again filled in the forms, had her fingerprints taken and went through the formalities.

But her hopes of receiving her new documents as ordered by the court have been dashed.

“They could not give me a new birth certificate and said I will only receive a temporary ID book in about four weeks, if I am lucky.

“I was also told it may take up to a year before I will have my new ID book. By the time all this is over I will be an old woman.”
She is going back to court to get a contempt order if they don’t comply within the 30 days. Anyone want to place a bet that she will get her new documents? I doubt very much that she will get her new papers and who will the courts hold in contempt? All the bureaucrats will just point to each other and blame them; it is not my fault… I have to wait for paperwork to be processed.

No comments:

Post a Comment