Saturday, March 03, 2012

Place Saturday Six Episode #412

Patrick’s Place Saturday Six Episode #412

1. When you hear that a movie is a likely nominee for an Academy Award, are you any more likely to watch that movie in the theater?
Well first of all, I have no idea which movies were nominee this year. I think one of them was the Artist, but I don’t know if it won or not.

2. When you hear that a movie you haven’t yet seen actually is nominated for an Academy Award, are you more likely to watch that film?
Since I don’t pay attention to the Academy Awards or go to the movie theater, no I am not more likely to see the movie.

3. Of the nominated films this year, how many of them did you watch?
-0-

4. Have a look at the former winners for Best Picture prior to this year. Which is the last one you remember watching at home?
Avatar. Actually it was up at our cottage, I brought my computer projector and we watched it on the 92” screen. We also watched “Chicago” the next night.

5. From that same list, which is the last one you remember seeing in a theater?
Doctor Zhivago. As I said, I’m not a big fan of the movies and the movies that I like to watch are science fiction and they usually do not get nominated. I’m surprised that none of the Harry Potter movies were nominated.

6. If you could experience any Best Picture winner in a theater environment, which would you choose?
The Artist. I will probably watch it up at the cottage this summer, since we do not get any over the air TV stations since the bandwidth grab by the wireless companies did away with VHF TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment