Saturday, January 28, 2012

The Train Show

This afternoon I went up to Springfield MA with a friend to see the Amherst Railway Society Railroad Hobby Show. A friend asked if I wanted to go see the show, I had never been there before and it sounded interesting and I wasn’t doing anything so I said yes. I was glad that I went.

I figured maybe a couple hundred people would be there… wrong. It was a couple of thousand and the exhibits were spread out over four buildings on the Eastern States fairgrounds. Some of the layouts were unbelievable; they must have covered more than 900 square feet! The layout that I like best was by the host group, Amherst Railway Society. They had a small TV camera in the cab of one of the trains and it was neat to see the layout from the perspective of train when it went over a bridge. Another exhibit had an actual scale model steam engines that they can sit on.

While I was wandering around the show, I came across the booth of some friends from where I worked. I had forgot that they make railroad videos and would be at the show, I stopped and talked to them for a while catching what been happening at where I used to work before I retired.

Would I go back next year, no I don’t think so because I think that it was nice to see it, but I am not that interested in model trains.

No comments:

Post a Comment