Thursday, January 26, 2012

My Story Part 105 – I Am Preoccupied Lately

Last week was crazy. I usually start roughing out an idea on what to write for “My Story” the week before, but this week my mind was on other things.

As the song says, “I get by with a little help from my friends”, last week I needed them and they were there for me. Last week was my annual medical exam and the doctor found something, I won’t go into details other than to say it is under control now.

I’m lucky that I have insurance; even still, I imagine that I will get wacked with a large deductible bill from all of the tests that they did last week. I am also very lucky that all of the medical staff that treated me had no problem with me being trans. The hospital where I went for some of the tests had problems with trans-people in the past and a discrimination report was filed with the CHRO; however, I had no problems. I had one problem with the insurance, the doctor listed me as female and the insurance company has me listed as male so they rejected the claim.

Another problem that I had was with the pharmacy, when I went to pick up my new meds they gave me one bag. When the samples that the doctor gave ran out Saturday morning I found out that they only gave me one bag when they should have giving me two bags. Of course I found that out in the middle of the snow storm Saturday and I had to wait until the roads were cleared to go back down there to pick up the other bag.

I’m not saying that I am worrying all the time, but when you put your life in another person hands you want them to be competent and caring.

# # # # #

Yesterday afternoon I went out to “Afternoon Tea” with some friends, it was a great relaxing afternoon, talking with friends, sipping tea and eating finger food. I was searching for bulk tea on the internet and I came across the tearoom in Cromwell, it looked like a good way to get the gang together and spend a relaxing afternoon. So being the instigator, I sent an email to my friends and started the ball rolling.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear that everything is alright with you, health-wise.

    I hear you about the insurance companies. I discovered recently that my new insurance company has a $500 deductible per person per year AND a $500 "out of pocket". (I wasn't aware of the "out of pocket") I'm confused as to what the difference is between the two as you'd better believe that the deductible is out of MY pocket!
    Don't get me started...

    But! I'm sure it is still better to have insurance than not so I shouldn't complain.

    But - I am glad it all turned out well for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your health stays good! The Afternoon Tea sounds like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete