Thursday, February 03, 2011

My Story Part 63 – Hair

Ok, this is scraping the bottom of the bucket, but I have been doing homework all day Wednesday and I don’t time for a long essay. This is about a personal observation that I have about why men and women seem to be on other planets when it comes to room temperature.

I have a theory. When I use to shave off my body hair in the fall, I always felt chilly once I removed my hair. In addition, in the summer I felt warmer once I didn’t have body hair. Before I was on hormones, every year after my annual physical in the fall I would shave off all of my body hair and I was more susceptible to drafts. In spring, I would let my body hair grow back so that in the summer I would have hairy legs and chest. In September, a couple of days after the doctor’s visit, off came the hair and I would feel chilly again. When I began taking hormones, all my body hair disappeared and I was chilly all the time in the fall, winter and spring. However, I now felt hot during the summer.

So here is my theory, the body hair in the winter creates a space where warm air is trapped like a down jacket. In the summer the opposite if true, the hair keeps the moist clothes away from the skin and the evaporation of the perspiration cools the air between the skin and the clothes. Also, hormones play a factor, men have more muscle mass and muscles burn calories, stoking their internal fires. Hence, the never-ending battle of the thermostat.

I'm off to have service in my car and then off to my internship...

2 comments:

  1. You are getting serviced in your car?
    Hmmmmm..... sounds kinky!

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete