Saturday, January 15, 2011

Saturday 9: Wouldn't It Be Nice

Sam’s Saturday 9: Wouldn't It Be Nice



1. What's the nicest thing a complete stranger ever did for you?
Let me go first at check-out counter.

2. What one thing always speaks deeply to you, to your spirit, no matter your mood or what else is going on in your life?
Just looking at all the beauty that sounds us every day. You can find beauty anywhere you look, you just have to look for it.

3. How many jobs have you held in your life? How many of those were part of your chosen career field?
Three (not counting summer jobs). All three of them were in my chosen career field.

4. Of those jobs, how many did you leave voluntarily?
One, my first employer went bankrupt. My second job I left voluntarily, my boss left for a new job and I gave him my resume, and that lead me to my final job. I worked at my last job for twenty-eight years and then they closed their doors and moved south.

5. How did you discover Saturday 9? How long have you played? (Thank you for joining in!)
Friends were playing Saturday 9 and I joined in, that was back in April 2008

6. What's the worst beverage you've ever tasted?
Anything “Sugar Free”, cannot stand the taste of artificial sweeteners. They leave a horrible after taste, yuck!

7. Is there anything in life you are "certain" about? Firm in your beliefs? Strong in your convictions?
Yes, that some day I am going to die.

8. How did you come up with the title of your blog's posts?
Good question! Well the name of my blog was the name of my Geocities web-site and a friend suggested that I start a blog and I kept the name. The name came about because Connecticut is the Nutmeg state and the “Little Corner” came about because it gives a “folksy” feel to the tile, I wanted a blend of a soapbox and coffee-shop images where people could gather and discuss what’s on their mind.

9. Would you consider yourself a good cook?
I think so, except for pastries.

3 comments:

  1. I'm always letting people in front of me in line if they only have a few things and I have a cart load.

    Have a great weekend!
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2011/01/how-did-you-come-up-with-the-title-of-your-blogs-posts/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot wrap my brain around a 28 year job! Wow. Good for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the diet soda answer, some of them have such a nasty aftertaste.

    ReplyDelete