Thursday, December 30, 2010

My Story Part 58 – Christmas Time

I was at my niece’s for Christmas this year, but what I wanted to talk about today is Christmases past. For as long as I can remember opening presents both at Christmas and on my birthday was nothing special, I got ties, shirts or pants that I never did want. Meanwhile, I had to sit there in silence watching others open presents that I really wanted, earrings, necklaces and other gifts that I would just die for to receive. This year I received a nice scarf and an overnight bag, last year a necklace and a pair of Christmas tree earrings. The year before that a pocketbook. It only took fifty years, but wishes do come true.

Now I look forward to the holidays, wondering what Santa will bring.

3 comments:

  1. Diana, I know exactly how you feel. I remember giving gifts to female family members that I wanted to keep for myself, or watching with envy as they opened gifts I wanted to receive. It was always hard to feign excitement over receiving the expected items. I came out of the closet to my wonderful wife 6 months ago and she now gives me gifts especially suited for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how do I know!!

    Receiving gifts that I knew I did not like, nor would ever use was the only reason in which I did not like to celebrate gift giving occasions.

    It's all changed for me as well! I was spoiled b everyone with all the feminine gifts that I received.

    I will never forget the first time I was given something feminine as a gift. And yes, it still gets used!

    Priceless!

    ReplyDelete