Tuesday, November 16, 2010

My Poems

From time to time (translated - when I don't have time to research and write a column) I post one of my poems...

Climbing the Mountain

I walk across the plateau to the face of the cliff,

Looking up I think that I’ll never make it.

It looks insurmountable, a formable wall in my journey.

I see others look up at the wall, shake their heads and walk away.

Deep inside me that inner voices calls.

I know that I have climbed others and have always made it,

But this looks different,

I know that I will have to summon my courage.

The plateau is comfortable, but my inner voice calls me.

I reach out and find a handhold, then another.

Slowly I pull myself up.

One handhold and one toehold after another.

Looking back from where I came, I can see the hills and valleys.

They all seemed like they were mountains and canyons then.

Now from this vantage point, I laugh at them.

Up I climb, always knowing that I may fall before I reach the top.

There will be no sage or wise man at the top,

Only the wisdom gained along the way.

I realize I have come a long ways but I still have far to go.

That inner voice calls me.

One handhold and one toehold after another I climb.

I know that at the top I will find another cliff,

And another mountain to climb after that.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful and inspiring
    Maria Victoria

    ReplyDelete