Friday, September 17, 2010

Saturday 9: Don't Let the Sun Catch You Crying

Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9: Don't Let the Sun Catch You Crying



1. When was the last time you cried?
A couple of weeks ago, I was watching a Hallmark movie.

2. If you could wake up tomorrow with a new talent, what would it be?
To sing or play an instrument.

3. Who is someone (other than yourself) would you like to go back into your past and talk to and why?
My mother, to find out if she would have been OK with me now.

4. What is your favorite meal eating out?
Oh… that is a tough question. When it comes to food, I like too many different types of food. I would have to say some type of seafood. My last take-out meal was Fried Clams (yesterday for lunch. I had a meeting at a state office next door and the meeting got out a little before noon and I could smell food cooking.). My last dinner at a restaurant was at Skippers Dock in Stonington (You can read about it here).

5. Do you feel energized or drained by being in a group situation? If the answer is "it depends," on what does it depend?
It depends… on the age group and the activity. If they are all old farts like me and we are talking about our aches and pains or it is a boring meeting then yes, I feel drained. However, if was like today with a group of 30 year olds, then no.

6. What word do you use far too frequently?
What? I have tinnitus and it makes me really have to concentrate to understand what people are saying in a noisy place.

7. What’s a word you’ve invented? (alternate question: What needs a word but doesn’t have one yet?)
Well, Refudiate is already taken, I have to think about it some more.

8. Pick out one of your favorite songs. Go to Song Facts and tell us about the song's history.
Its “Lola.” However, reading the Song Facts about it they use a very derogatory word to describe “Lola”, transvestite. It is considered fetishistic.



9. What is your absolute favorite piece of furniture you have and why?

The couch, I lay down on it to read my homework, surf the net with my laptop on it, sleep on it and sometimes I actually sit on it.

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE the song "Lola". Perfect song :) And yes, Hallmark movies get to me too sometimes, sigh, lol..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a very bad singer. I wish to learn it as my hubby wants me to sing.

    http://dwivedi2326.blogspot.com/2010/09/saturday-9_18.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those doggone Hallmark movies...

    Have a great Saturday!
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/09/and-i-thought-it-was-just-me/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would talk to my mum, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find your difficulty with "Lola" understandable. But picking it anyway was way cool. I've read a lot of you posts recently, and while I haven't commented I find your story moving. I cannot believe you've got to live with that stigman. Way not fair.

    Your bud,
    Bud

    ReplyDelete