Thursday, September 23, 2010

My Story Part 46 – What Would Have You Done?

This is going to be a short story today because I have to leave to go to my internship. So…

Earlier in the week, I went to a store to buy some school supplies and when I got in to the checkout line, low and behold the person in front of me was an old high school friend. I thought, “Oh this should be interesting!” While I was standing there, he looked at me a couple of time but didn’t recognized me. I was debating whether I should say “Hi” or just ignore him, and I choose to ignore him. I just didn’t want to go into “Trans 101” teaching mode nor if he flipped out to make a scene.

What would you have done, take the poll on the right side of my blog.

This was not the first time that I found myself in this situation; back before I came out I bumped into another high school friend that I still saw once or twice a year since graduating high school. I walked by him and his wife, and four other friends within a couple of feet. We were up in Provincetown, they were there to hang-glide, I was there for Fantasia Fair and we were dinning out with our friends at the restaurant. They were sitting by the door, so when my friends and I were leaving we had to walk right by their table. I was petrified, I just wanted to run and hide, but when we walked by them, they looked up at us and they didn’t recognized me. Whew!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment