Friday, April 16, 2010

Saturday 9: Kicks (Keep Getting Harder to Find)

Janet’s Saturday 9: Kicks (Keep Getting Harder to Find)



1. As you get older, do you find that kicks are harder to find?

No, I get my kicks in knowing that I got out of bed.

2. Who is your favorite relative and why?

I hate just picking one relative, because a number of my relatives read my blog and I just don’t want to name just one… so I’ll cop out and say that they are all my favorite relatives.

3. Who is the most important person in your life?

Ditto

4. Name one thing you used to do that you are not proud of.

Doing drugs in my early college days ('69 - '74), but back then I had my own demon on my shoulder.

5. Tell us about the furthest you've ever been from what you consider "home".

The west coast for my cousin’s son’s wedding

6. Who would you want to be locked in a room with for 24 hours?
No comment.

7. What are you doing this weekend?

Helping out at a conference on Saturday

8. Other than your own, whose car were you in last?

Wow! Is that a hard question to answer, it was many moons ago that I can’t remember. You see when you have a hybrid, everyone thinks that you should be the driver, so I end up driving everyone around. Which I don’t mind, since I would have been going there myself, so I love the company. The worst person I ever gave a ride to got in my car, put in his earphones and listened to music all the way, never saying a word.

9. Tell us about the last compliment that you've received.

It was today at a work shop that I gave, the Associate Dean of Academic Affairs said that I was a good public speaker.

3 comments:

  1. Being able to get out of bed can be a feat.

    Have a great day!
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/04/sat/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Earphone guy--wow! Just wow.

    And that's a great compliment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, the earphones are extremely rude. I wish I was a good public speaker, that is one ability I covet.

    ReplyDelete