Wednesday, March 03, 2010

My Story Part 20 – The Good Times

OK, last week I wrote about crying, so this week I think it is only fitting to talk about the good times. I had to think hard and long to think of some good times, not because there are not that many, but because we tend to remember the bad times more than the good times.

The number one good time is when after I told my brother about me being trans, he called me when he got home to tell me that he would love me no matter what, that was the best feeling that I ever had. It lifted a great weight off of me.

The number two spot is when I was accepted to graduate school.

That is followed closely by the time that I was waiting with friends for our table in a restaurant and a woman came up to me. She said… “You probably don’t remember me, but you spoke in our class at University of Hartford and because of what you said in class that day. I knew what to do when a client came out to me and told me that she felt that she is transgender.”

I think one of the best things that I ever did was to go back to school. I am having more fun in school (except for the exams like the exam that I had yesterday) then I ever did back when I went for my Bachelors. I have made more friends and I become more involved in school functions then if I stayed home and just sat around during my retirement. I will miss school when I graduate next year.

I have made so many new friends and not just in the trans-community, I think it is so great that there are some many people out there that see you as who you are and not what you are. They more than make up for all the old friends that I have lost since transitioning.

No comments:

Post a Comment