Friday, December 04, 2009

Saturday 9: Joy to the World

Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9: Joy to the World



1. What to you is the most joyous aspect of the holidays?
Being with the family

2. Do you get much snow where you live? If yes, do you enjoy winter sports like skiing or would you rather stay in by the cozy fire?
Maybe. Sometimes we have a mild winter with only a foot or two of snow, other times we can get pounded with a couple of feet of snow at a time. In my younger days, I love to ski, now I rather stay by a warm cozy fire.

3. Have you ever been on a sleigh ride or a carriage ride? Do you even like horses?
Never have and I am not fond of horses, they are smelly and messy.

4. During the busy week, what do you do to relax?
Doing these silly memes. ;-)

5. Do you get stressed during the holidays?
Yes. I usually have to travel and I do not like to travel on holidays with traffic.

6. What holiday song could you happily never hear again?
Them all… Bah Humbug

7. How do you decide on what present you pick for a person?
We exchange lists.

8. What does this holiday season mean to you and why?
Getting fat! Over eating on all of the foods that I do not eat the rest of the year like sweet breads, pies, cakes, etc.

9. What holiday movies best describe the season for you and why?
Oh I hate these types of questions because I can’t remember movies. What was the movie that Jean Shepard wrote about the BB gun and the Red Rocket sled? I guess I’ll pick that one since it is the only one that I can remember without Bing Crosby in it.

5 comments:

  1. LMAO! A movie w/o Bing... really?! Ha!

    Love the warm fire, too!

    All those yummy goodies... delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. TRAVELING AT THIS TIME OF THE YEAR IS AWFUL...I AGREE WITH YOU!

    http://hodgepodgespv.blogspot.com/2009/12/saturday-9.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been very lucky that I haven't ever had to travel during the holidays. I bet that is a real pain.

    The movie you were thinking of is called A Christmas Story. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not big on caroles except on Christmas Eve. One day is plenty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These silly little memes are relaxing for me, too!

    Don't recall that movie, though, so can't help you out with the title.

    JHS
    Colloquium

    ReplyDelete