Saturday, October 31, 2009

My Story Part 6 - Things My Mother Never Told Me


I was up at Fantasia Fair in Provincetown MA and the morning that I took this picture we were wandering around the Highland Lighthouse grounds in North Truro. We went into the little gift shop at the base of the lighthouse and they asked if we would want to take a tour of the lighthouse. So we decided to join the group of people to tour the lighthouse. As I walked along with the group the guide explained the history of the lighthouse and as we started to climb the open spiral staircase to the top of the lighthouse, all of a sudden I realized that I was wearing a skirt! That I would make a great show for the people behind me as I climbed the staircase, so I went to the back of the line and went up last and I made sure I was the first one down the stairs.

2 comments:

  1. I have a weakness for lighthouses, but that is one I have never been to.
    And while I have climbed many, I have never attempted it in a skirt..lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes, getting used to skirt life.

    ReplyDelete