Friday, July 24, 2009

Saturday 9

Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9: Fast Car



1. What’s the furthest trip you’ve taken by automobile?
To Colorado from Connecticut. The year I graduated from college ('74) a group of us drove out to there. We stopped in Bismarck ND, then down through the Black Hills to Fort Collins CO. My father was teaching a summer course at Colorado State and we bummed off them for a week. While we were there, one of my friends got drafted and had to fly back to Connecticut to report for the army. A friend and I hiked up one of the peaks in the Rocky Mountain National Park and camped out over night at 11,000ft.

2. What’s the worst pick up line you've ever received?
Never got one.

3. What’s the best pick up line you’ve gotten?
Ditto

4. What was the last gift that you received?
A going away present from where I did my internship last semester, it was the book “Annie Leibovitz At Work”

5. What was the last gift that you gave someone?
They were the gifts that I gave my brother and sister-in-law at Christmas.

6. Tell us about the last time you cried.
Do you mean like at the movies? Then it was Tuesday when we were up at the cottage watching movies while it was raining.
Or do you mean, crying your heart out? Then it was very common while I was coming out to the family and I didn’t know how they would react. I use to curl my self up in to a ball and just cry for hours until I fell asleep.

7. Tell us about the last time you laughed uncontrollably.
It was at a book reading at Real Art Ways.

8. Do you suffer road rage? What are your thoughts on it?
No, I get mad at drives, but I never act out my rage. It is awful hard not to get road rage with some of those crazy drivers out there, but you must keep it under control.

9. What’s one of your favorite movie quotes?
I don’t have any. I remember the Pythagorean Theorem, but don’t ask me to quote a line from a movie.

6 comments:

  1. I like the thought that you seem to put 'crying your heart out' as something that's in the past, that must have been terrifying. Complete love and respect for how brave you are =) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that your crying days are over...have a good Saturday

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great book!
    http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2009/07/saturdays.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. long trip was it to celebrate

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your last answer made me chuckle. You've made me choke up and laugh in the same meme.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the thought that you seem to put 'crying your heart out' as something that's in the past...
    ___________________
    Julie
    Email Marketing Solutions

    ReplyDelete