Monday, June 01, 2009

Manic Monday #169

Lisa’s Manic Monday #169



Imagine you're packing a picnic lunch. What would be in your basket?
Well it depends on whether there is a grill or not. If there was not a grill, I would pack a cold lunch; chicken salad, pasta salad, crackers, cheese and maybe a summer sausage.

Chicken Salad Recipe:
* 3 cups diced cooked chicken
* 1/4 cup dried cranberries
* 1/2 cup diced celery
* 2 to 3 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
* 1/2 cup diced apple
* 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans, optional
* 4 to 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
* 2 teaspoons lemon juice
* 1/8 teaspoon curry powder, or to taste, optional
* 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
* 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
* lettuce leaves

Pasta Salad
* 2 cups uncooked orzo pasta
* 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
* 1/3 cup chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
* 1/2 Greek olives, chopped
* 3/4 cup feta cheese
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper

If there is a grill, then I would substitute chicken for the chicken salad.

Pineapple Marinated Chicken
* 1/2 medium ripe pineapple, peeled, cored, coarsely chopped
* 2 garlic cloves, minced
* 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
* 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
* 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
* 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
* 8 chicken breast halves (with skin and bones)
* 2 teaspoons salt
* 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
* 2 tablespoons honey

Of course, I would also pack a bottle of May wine, back in my college days I developed a taste for May wines that I use to take on picnics. It is light and has a fruity taste that goes good with food in the afternoon.

If your life were a weather vane, which direction would it be pointing right now?
East, towards the rising sun that brings a new day in my new life.

What's something that people do in traffic that really annoys you?

There are so many thing that annoy me while I am driving, but I think the number thing is people entering and exiting a highway. People, that is what they make acceleration and deceleration lanes for! I hate it when someone pulls in the highway doing 40 mph, you should be going with traffic by the time you pull onto the highway. The same goes for exiting the highway, you shouldn’t slow down to 40 mph a mile before the exit, the exits are designed so that you can slow down on the exit ramp. [end of rant]


P.S. This is my 1401 post!!

5 comments:

  1. your picnic sounds delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by! Now, if you don't mind, I'm stealing those recipes to give to my boyfriend! He LOVES to cook and those sound delicious!

    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm ready for that picnic. It sounds delicious, Diana. I'm copying those recipes now!

    Your answer to #2 is my favorite so far, it made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd be facing East as well :o)

    ReplyDelete