Sunday, March 29, 2009

Saturday Six #259

Patrick’s Place Saturday Six #259

1. List the social networking sites you have either tried or still use.
LinkedIn, a friend at my internship asked me to join and I have not used it at all. Snapfish, I had for about a month before I dropped out and Facebook I joined last fall and I usually make an entry every couple of days.
Blogger, is the site that I use the most and try to make at least one entry a day on it.

2. Of the social networking sites you’ve actually tried, which one is your favorite?
Blogger, I think that is most read and I have a link from my blog to Facebook, what I write on blogger appears on Facebook. I find that my blog has been quoted and linked to on some national blogs, which I find amazing.

3. What’s the biggest drawback to such sites, in your opinion?
It takes up too much time. Too many little games that people want you to play. Too many people who want to be your friends that I don’t know.

4. Other than it being the “hip thing to do,” what’s the main reason you’d at least consider joining such a site?
It is great for networking. I would imagine that for teenagers, it is great for partying, but for adults it is great for keeping in touch with family, old friends and classmates. For social justice activist it great way for spreading the word about an action.

5. Take the quiz: Are You Facebook, MySpace or Twitter?



You Are Twitter



You are energetic to the point of being hyperactive. You are the ultimate multitasker.
You don't have much of an attention span for anything. You like things short and sweet.

You can't help but let everyone know what you're doing, even if it's just what you're having for dinner.
You are big on sharing what's going on in your life. If anything, you share too much!


6. Do you have more people you’d call friends in real life, or on your profile called friends by the system at your most-used social networking site?
I have more “friends” on Facebook then I real life, however most of those on-line friends are friends because of social justice issues or they are part of the “trans-community”

No comments:

Post a Comment