Saturday, March 21, 2009

Saturday 9: Crank Up the Tunes

Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9: Crank Up the Tunes



1. What is your favorite 50’s band?
Ricky Nelson - Poor Little Fool
I think for me, Ricky Nelson is probably my choice because of the TV show, “The Nelson’s.” That was the show that we always watched and I remember him playing that song on the show all the time.

2. What is your favorite 60’s band?
The Animals - The House Of The Rising Sun
The late sixties had so many classic bands that it made it impossible to pick one band. So, I chose a band from the mid-sixties when my generation was just becoming aware of music. “The House Of The Rising Sun” is a great classic that is over shadowed by some of the great band like the Beatles and the Rolling Stones.

3. What is your favorite 60’s record album?
I cannot pick just one, that is like asking who is your favorite son or daughter, it is impossible to pick just one.
Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band, Abbey Road, The Beatles ("The White Album"), Are You Experienced, Led Zeppelin I & II, Tommy, The Doors, The Band, Days Of Future Passed, On The Threshold Of A Dream, Steppenwolf, Chicago Transit Authority, Santana, Fresh Cream, Younger Than Yesterday, Volunteers, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Grand Funk Procol Harum - A Whiter Shade of Pale, Traffic, Live Dead, and I could just go on and on. For me, the sixties and the seventies are the golden age of music.

4. What is your favorite 70’s band?

How do I pick one? How do I pick among Pink Floyd, Rolling Stones, The Who, The Grateful Dead, Fleetwood Mac, Black Sabbath, The Eagles, Elton John, Van Morrison, Queen, The Allman Brothers Band, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Janis Joplin, Boston, Yes, Billy Joel, Aerosmith, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Rod Stewart, Linda Ronstadt, Heart, and Kiss. How do you just pick one from a list like that?

5. What is your favorite 70’s record album?
This is impossible! Near the top of my choices are Dark Side of The Moon, Workingman’s Dead, Rumours, The Eagles.

6. What is your favorite 80’s band?

I would have to pick either the Police or Bon Jovi

7. What is your favorite 80’s record album?

Synchronicity

8. What is your favorite 90’s band?

I do not have any favorite bands from the 90’s

9. What is your favorite 90’s record album?
Ditto, the golden age of music was over.

2 comments:

  1. I agree, it was really hard to pick just one album or one band!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh poo....I forgot about Ricky Nelson...

    ReplyDelete