Monday, March 30, 2009

Déjà vu All Over Again

I had to go up to the University of Connecticut campus in Storrs tonight to take part in a panel discussion on HB6452 to the Young Democrats organization. Walking back to my car afterward, I had a flashback to 35 years ago when I was at college walking back to my dorm. As I was walking back to my car there were students walking by talking about classes, it reminded me of walking back to the dorm at night after studying at the library. It had that feeling of familiarity that I have done this before.
It got me to thinking how much things have changed, but still stayed the same. I am some 38 years older but it doesn’t seem like that long ago, in some ways it seems like just a few years have gone by.
But then the feeling pasted, and I had a long drive home ahead of me.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I too have had had "deja vu" all over again as Yogi would say.
    Time goes on but some things do remain the same.
    Oh,you forgot to admit that You've changed just a little bit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I have changed a little bit since then. But the feeling that I had was what "I" felt, there was no gender involved just the "ego" as Freud would say

    ReplyDelete