Saturday, February 14, 2009

Saturday 9: Be My Valentine

Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9: Be My Valentine

1. Do you have Valentine’s Day plans?
Nope, none

2. Do you buy a Valentine’s Day gift for someone special?

I bought my aunt chocolates.

3. What, so far, was the happiest event of your life?
There were so many that it is so hard to pick just one, but high on the list is that day I transitioned.

4. What is the best job that you ever have had?
What I am doing right now, I feel that it gives meaning to my life. The thirty-five years that I worked in manufacturing, pale when I compare it to the work I am doing now.

5. What would be your fantasy job?
I think I am living it now. I am lucky enough to have a mid-life career change, from engineering/management to social justice

6. What would you think would be the worst job?
A summer job that I had, moving a electrical wholesale store to a new location

7. What foreign countries have you visited?
The only foreign country that I have visited is Canada.

8. What foreign country would be your fantasy trip?
Europe. Mexico and the Caribbean are out of bounds, I want to live. There are many counties that it is not safe to visit if you are transsexual.

9. Since leaving your home growing up, how many places have you lived?
Three. Until I was seven, I lived in Milford CT when we moved to the town where I live and when I moved out of their house, I moved to a house in the same town.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, it never occurred to me that visiting certain areas on the map would make you vulnerable is you are a transsexual person.
    Did your transition take a lot of planning?
    I'm a list person, so in my mind it requires a lot of list and checking ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy valentine's day, diana!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea there were unsafe countries for you either...Go where you are safe. It is a big world

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great that you're so happy with youur work. But I do realize it is your calling. Enjoy your evening, Diana...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've only ever been to Canada as well, LOL!

    ReplyDelete