Sunday, January 25, 2009

Manic Monday

Lisa’s Manic Monday #152



What gives you hope?
I don’t know, right now I am down in the dumps. Maybe the movie that they just shown on Lifetime channel, “Prayers for Bobby” or the movie “Milk” may give hope. Hope that their lies are shown for what they are, bigotry. (I am sorry to be so negative on a meme, I try to keep them light but this has been a down couple of days. Besides watching “Milk” this afternoon and “Prayers for Bobby” this evening, I had a heated discussion with someone close to me yesterday. He didn’t understand why I was upset that Rick Warren spoke at the Inauguration. I will end my rant here.)

How often do you get your haircut? Describe your worst haircut.
Not often enough, about every three months. My worst haircut was when I went to the local barber shop with my father before I transitioned. I told the barber that I wanted my hair cut to collar length, it was about an inch over the collar and barber cut it a 1/4 inch long.

What's your most treasured piece of jewelry? Why?
A necklace that I got from my mother, it a brass necklace with a brass pyramid hanging off the chain with about three inches of brass necklace material hanging off of the pyramid. You can see it here in one of my blog entries.

5 comments:

  1. I am sorry you are down in the dumps! I have been down in the marshlands as of late too.
    I can so, relate to haircuts. When I was a young adult I sported short hair and a fool's tail. When I went to get my hair trimmed, the salonist wanted to cut my tail off. I guess it provoked her in a strange way. LOL People just have to get over themselves.

    I love, love that pyramid necklace. I think I remember my aunt (not the one that cut my hair) having one similar. Very tre-retro!

    Great answers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely necklace :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool necklace!

    I played too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like dangly jewelry, they always make me feel more girly.
    Sorry you're not feeling 100% cheerleader. It happen though, revel in it, get it over and done with, and move on to those high spirited times we all appreciate you for!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't seen Milk yet. I want to see it. So many movies!

    That's awful about the barber. I'd be furious!

    ReplyDelete