Monday, August 25, 2008

This Weekend At The Cottage

I got back from the cottage in New Hampshire this afternoon; I went up there last Tuesday and did some painting before my friends came up on Thursday. One couple came up Thursday around noon to help me get ready for the weekend, two couples came up on Friday and another friend came up Saturday morning.

The weather was beautiful, you couldn’t have asked for better weather. It was in the upper seventies, with scattered clouds and the water temperature was in the mid-seventies. There was a light wind on Friday that was just right for my small Sunfish like sailboat, but most of the time we just floated around in inner tubes. In the morning, a couple of friends kayaked around the lake and then they tried waterskiing in the afternoon (they never made it out of the water).

We ate breakfast and dinner out on the deck over looking the lake. I made dinner both nights; Friday night we had Shish Kabob and Saturday night we had Pork Tender Loin. Here I am bringing out the wine glasses. At night we had oil lanterns around the deck and two of my friends played guitars, they play a number of songs by the Eagles, including “Desperado”, “Take It Easy” and “Lying Eyes”

Good friends, good food and good wine… a perfect weekend.






Photo credits: Top - Mine , Middle - Ethan's, Bottom - Deja's

3 comments:

  1. Yes, Di, it was a wonderful weekend! Thank you!
    And we may not be very good on water skis but we do know how to enjoy the good friends, good food, and good wine. Thx again Di!!!
    Luvs,
    Deja

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like an absolutely perfect weekend. You are really enjoying this summer. I think that's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete