Sunday, August 10, 2008

Lunch

I had lunch at the Cape Pier Chowder House in Cape Porpoise this afternoon, I figured I would go around 2:00pm because I thought it wouldn’t be as crowded then…wrong, it was mobbed as usual! It is a little seafood place at the end of the road right next to the town pier and on the way down to the peninsula I passed by this small pier and shed. It has that classic Maine look to it so I stopped to take some pictures of it. The restaurant has picnic tables out on a deck on the water; I ordered whole fried clams and then found an empty picnic table. While I was eating, this family came up and in a thick southern accent, the father asked if they could share the table with me and I said yes. The father asked me if I knew how to get to the Cape Porpoise lighthouse across the foggy bay and when I answered in my deep voice, I thought the mother was going to gag. She turn several shade of red while she had her hand over her mouth, it was almost comical to watch her as she realized that I was trans.

From their conversation, it sounded like that this was going to be their first lobster dinner. I was temped to stick around and watch the fun as they tried to figure out how to eat lobster. I glanced at their van on the way out and it had North Carolina plates.

No comments:

Post a Comment