Sunday, July 13, 2008

Saturday Six - Episode 221

Patrick’s Place Saturday Six - Episode 221

1. You order a plate of wings: what’s your first choice: mild, hot, inferno or teriyaki?
Mild, I like spicy foods but they don’t like me.

2. Which makes the best base for barbeque sauce: mustard, vinegar or ketchup?
Ketchup, also vinegar, brown sugar, molasses, Dijon mustard, olive oil and Bourbon.

3. If you could learn the eleven herbs and spices used in Kentucky Fried Chicken, how likely would you be to attempt to make it yourself? Why?

Probably yes, just to see if I would taste the same.

4. Take the quiz: Which condiment are you?




You Are Barbeque Sauce



You are both skillful and competitive. You enjoy mastering hard tasks.
You appreciate complexity more than simplicity.

Your taste in food tends to lean toward interesting flavors.
You appreciate exotic spice combinations. You tend to like cutting edge, fusion cuisine.
You get along with all personalities from a distance. Except salsa personalities, who always seem to annoy you.



5. Of the condiments currently in your refrigerator, which would you say you have used the least in the last year?
A1 steak sauce, I very rarely use it.

6. After months of unsuccessful attempts, you finally get the recipe for a food you enjoy. When making it for the first time yourself, you discover an individual ingredient that you hate in everything else. Would you still make the dish with that ingredient, or would you try it without?
Sure, I would just leave out that ingredient. Unless you are baking, ingredients are just for taste and if I do not like an ingredient, I will leave it out… like mushrooms.

3 comments:

  1. I'm beginning to wonder if anyone got anything besides BBQ sauce as a result!

    Cracking up at A1--I love that stuff! Oh, well. Your recipe for homemade BBQ sauc sounds yummy, especially that last ingredient! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have great answers... I never think to do this meme. Do you think the condiment quiz fits you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I make life interesting for everyone around me.

    ReplyDelete