Saturday, July 12, 2008

Saturday 9

Crazy Sam's Saturday 9: At the Beach

1. Do you plan to be at the beach this summer?
Yes, I am dog sitting my brother’s dog and they live in southern Maine a few miles from the ocean, so when I am up there I plan on going to the beach.

2. Do you have a favorite beach?
Yes, North Truro MA. on the bay side. When I was a teenager, we use to go up there every summer. But when I was little we use to go up to New Hampshire’s Lake Winniasquam ever summer.

3. How old were you on your first beach trip?
I was too young to remember, we lived in a town on Long Island Sound, so the ocean was a couple of blocks away.

4. Did your folks own or rent a cottage at the beach?
We use to rent cottages on the beach in North Truro and in New Hampshire, but now we own a cottage on a lake in New Hampshire.

5. Have you or would you bring your kids to the same beaches you went to as a kid?
Well not the same beach, but my nephews and niece bring their kids up to the lake house in New Hampshire.

6. What type of bathing suit do you wear at the beach?
A one piece.

7. Do you have favorite food you like to eat at the shore?
Lobster! Did anyone think I would say anything different?

8. Do you have a favorite drink you like at the shore?
Water, when you are out in the sun all day, I think that it’s a bad idea to drink alcohol all day.

9. When is the next time you will be beach bound?
I am going to the lake house in two weeks and to Maine in four weeks.

3 comments:

  1. You are definitely at the opposite end of Maine from me... I'm hours from any beaches. More trees and moose than anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lobster is the correct answer here in New England. Sometimes drinking alcohol all day works. I think. I don't really remember, it's a bit of a blur...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Drinking alcohol all day in the sun does not sound like a good idea to me. Take it inside....Just sayin.

    I'm up here

    ReplyDelete