Saturday, June 21, 2008

Saturday 9

Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9: Summer Movies and Oil

1. The other day I purchased gas for $3.96, which was less than the $4.37 my local station charges per gallon. What is the current gas price in your area for regular?
Today I was in Norwalk CT and the price of gas was $4.45. Yesterday, I was in Hillsboro NH and it was $3.92 and here at home in central Connecticut it is $4.19

2. Will your vacation plans be altered by the price of gas?
No, I will be going up to the family cottage in New Hampshire just as much as I did last year (I drive a Prius and my mileage on the current tank full is 51.2mpg)

3. Is there any movie this summer that you're looking forward to seeing?
No, I am not a big movie fan; I can take ‘em or leave ‘em. But if it is a Harry Potter movie then I will make an exception and go out to the movies.

4. Gas prices aside, what is your favorite vacation destination?

Our lake cottage in New Hampshire, the coast of Maine and Cape Cod.

5. Will you watch more film on DVD than in theaters this summer?

No, see answer #3

6. Will you fly anywhere this summer?
Nope, no plans to fly anywhere this year, next year maybe but I might take the train instead.

7. Guess: How high will a gallon of gas peak at?
Since the price of gas is already $4.45 on the Gold Coast of Connecticut, I can see it easily pass $5.00 a gallon.

8. Will gas prices effect who you vote for in this fall's election?
Yes, I do not believe drilling for more oil is the answer. I believe conservation and renewable sources of energy is the way to go. I do however favor nuclear power.

9. How much will the price of home heating oil affect you?
Wow, now you hit a sore point with me. I can always cut back in my driving but I have already set my thermostat to 65 during the day and 55 at night, closed off the unused rooms. I can’t go much lower on the temperature, and it is hurting me since I am on a fixed income now that I am retired.

3 comments:

  1. Since I am in CT as well I can relate to the prices. Although I work in Mass. Prices are generally 20 cents less there. Good answers! Enjoy your day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. good tip on your last answer...i'm new to this meme, hope you can check me out my late saturday 9 here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I can't believe how much higher the prices are up there (well, I actually can, I guess)! The Prius mileage sounds amazing, though.

    ReplyDelete