Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Tomorrow is the Big Day! (No, no..not the big day)

The hearing for the Anti-Discrimination bill is tomorrow and I have my testimony all written for the third time. I hope that this is the last time I have to testify, that the bill passes this year. It has taken up much of my time this month along with the True Colors Conference and the Trans Health and Law Conference next month.
I know it will be a long rainy day tomorrow, just sitting around for most of the day just waiting for my three minutes to testify. I have my book to read and I will just find some chair to slouch down in to read. It is not only our bill but a number of other bills that will be heard tomorrow and you have to sit through all their testimonies as well.
Last year there were such interesting bills like letting constables use their own car for work (sic), but it is really interesting to see all these different people there for different causes. It is democracy at its basic level, I think you get that feeling more on a state level then on the national level. On the national level you felt like a cog on a wheel.
I will post my testimony on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment