Sunday, March 30, 2008

Saturday Six - Episode 206

Patrick’s Place: Saturday Six - Episode 206

1. When presented with a new project at work that clearly doesn’t make sense to you, are you likely to voice your reservations first or set them aside to work on the project?
I worked in a job shop so we were driven by the customers needs. The customer said jump and we asked “How high?” they were the ones who were paying the bills.

2. You are shown a new technology that will be incorporated into your job, and you realize that this technology will actually slow things down. Do you express this discovery before trying the new technology, or do you try it first with the intention of then demonstrating how much more difficult it made things?
I always tried to make it work and if it didn’t, I complained to my boss and sometimes it got changed and other times it didn’t. but I always gave it my best effort.


3. At your workplace, do you tend to be among the first people your co-workers approach for help in a crisis, the last people they approach, or somewhere in between?
It depended on my employees, some came complaining to me right away, some tried and tried, getting nowhere and some tried until they ran into a dead end and then they came to me. One ran off complaining to my boss first bypassing me all together, which got me very mad that he couldn’t come to me first.

4. Take the quiz:
What Kind of Thinker Are You?




Your Thinking is Abstract and Sequential



You like to do research and collect lots of information.

The more facts you have, the easier it is for you to learn.

You need to figure things out for yourself and consider all possibilities.

You tend to become an expert in the subjects that you study.

It's difficult for you to work with people who know less than you do.

You aren't a very patient teacher, and you don't like convincing people that you're right.



5. You’re watching television on a rainy Saturday: which has a greater appeal: watching a new show you’ve never seen before, watching a movie or television episode you have seen before and enjoyed, or watching a sporting event featuring two teams you have no strong connection to?
I can eliminate sports programs right of the bat and it is a toss up between a new show or a good movie that I had seen before. I would probably watch some of the new program and if I liked it, I would watch it.

6. Should employers be required to provide naptime for their employees? If you think they should, how much time should be required?
YES! I lived only a couple of miles from work and I use to go home every day and have lunch and take a short 15-minute nap. It did wonders for me and if I could not take a nap I would get run down around three.

No comments:

Post a Comment