Tuesday, March 18, 2008

My First Workshop

I submitted a workshop proposal for Fantasia Fair in October and it was accepted, this will be my first workshop that I have given.

Dear Diana,

Your proposal sounds great. Please consider it accepted for either Fri. or Sat. I will get back to you as our planning progresses.

Best wishes,
H


On Mon, 17 Mar 2008 08:24:32 -0700 (PDT) Diana L diana_57_us@yahoo.com writes:

Hi H
I would like to give a workshop on...

Building A Grassroots Coalition for Trans-Issues

This workshop will provide methods to organize the Trans-Community to help pass anti-discrimination legislation and to help influence policy decisions for such issues as changing driver license's gender designations and education policies for trans-students.
The workshop will cover:

* Forming the Core Group/ Planning Committee – its composition and diversity
* Building a coalition – how to get other organization involved in trans-issues
* Developing a grassroots base – how to reach out to the trans community and get them involved
* Examining various organizational models – programmatic, participatory and empowerment
* Funding – grants, fundraisers and donations & incorporating as a 501(c)(3) or using a fiduciary

Do you need any A/V equipment?
I will not need any A/V equipment, just a blank wall to project on. I will bring my own computer and projector.

Provide a brief Bio.
She is also on the Board of Directors of the Connecticut TransAdvocacy Coalition, which is working to promote transgender issues in; housing, employment, medical, legal, legislative and to provide one on one advocacy work. Diana is the passed Executive Director of the Connecticut Outreach Society. She is current enroll in the University of Connecticut School of Social Work S.T.E.P. program and is earning credits towards her Master’s Degree in Social Work with a concentration in Community Organizing.

What days can you not do the workshop?
I hope that by October that we can change the wording for the Anti-D bill to past tense and that I will be accepted into the full Master’s program. I would not be available Monday – Thursday, but I should be able to give a more definite answer once the fall class schedule comes out this summer. Last year I was able to schedule my classes early in the week.

Diana

1 comment:

  1. I think it's so wonderful that you are doing this.

    ReplyDelete