Monday, October 22, 2007

Manic Monday

Manic Monday for October 22, 2007


Would you be able to serve on a jury and sentence the defendant to the death penalty if he/she were found guilty of a crime that the court felt warranted the death penalty?
No, I would have a hard time convicting somebody and sentencing to death. Our court system is not perfect and is subject to errors. After you execute them you cannot go back and say; “Ops, we made a mistake. Sorry.”
Here in Connecticut we had a very horrific triple murder of my doctor’s family, they caught that criminals just about red handed and I do not think I could even sentence them to death. I do not believe a life for a life; I believe it is wrong to take a life for any reason.

Have you ever faked being ill to avoid doing something you didn’t want to do?

No, that is a coward’s way out. They have been many times I wish I could avoid doing something but I never did.

Would you state you were guilty of a crime you didn't commit to free a loved one?

No, I believe in personal responsibility. I think I would love that person more if they admitted their crime, unless it was a deliberate violent act. Then I would have to seriously rethink why I love that person if they are capable of doing violence to another person.

3 comments:

  1. Great answers - I agree re: #1. I just don't think anyone can claim the moral high ground, if they sentence someone to death. Happy MM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with you on number 3 totally.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely see what you mean in #3. I suppose it depends on the severity of the crime, but it would make me question many things.

    ReplyDelete