Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Create a Connection

Getting to Know You Day: Creating

1) Do you do something creative every day? If not, do you wish you could?

No I do not, my creative inspiration comes in spurts. I wish I could control it but it controls me.

2) Where do your ideas come from? Are you inspired by others art, music, your children?
In photography I am inspired by the world around me and in poetry by the stresses in my life.

3) What is your favorite art form? Why does it call to you?

Photography. Because I can see the image in my mind, I can visualize the shot. While poems on the hand pop into my mind usually at two or three AM when I can't sleep.

4) What is one art form you long to try? What holds you back from trying it?

Painting, I just do not have the patience’s to sit and paint.

5) Are you the type of person that concentrates on one thing at a time or do you have many projects started that you are trying to finish?
Do you mean like now? I should be doing homework and cleaning the house. Instead I do a little homework, and then do a little cleaning, while in between I surf the web and answer memes; with nothing really getting done.

6) Do you belong to any creative communities, swap groups, yahoo groups that encourage creativity/art?
No. Unless you want to count the class I am taking in photography

7) Is there a group of friends in your community that you get together with to help each other out with your art?

No.

8) What is the most important reason you create?

For my own enjoyment and relaxation, but it is also nice to share with others.

2 comments:

  1. Diana, Hello... My name is Rebecca and I live in the beautiful mountains of NC. I just wanted to thank you for sharing your life. I spent a couple hours earlier today reading your blogs. You seem like such an amazing lady. If you ever find time, my email is beckymcdonald38@yahoo.com. I would love to talk with you sometime. Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for playing Diana, I can so relate to the doing the housework/homework thing. I'm doing pretty much the same thing, avoiding housework and the myriad of chores I have to do today, but reading everyone's answers. Thanks for playing. I love photography as an art form.

    ReplyDelete