Monday, September 10, 2007

Connecticut’s New Voting System

I do not like the new electronic voting machines. Having an engineering background I know how easy it is to write bad software that will not work properly and I am not talk about purposely hacking the program just errors in writing the software.
I do not know how many times I have seen a program bomb out when a certain conditions are met. Maybe they made a round off error or did not allow a wide enough field and the number gets truncated or variables get swapped, and these problems only shows up randomly. I am awful apprehensive of any software based voting systems and I feel that there should be third party independent auditing of the software and the code should be public domain for all to view. That they should also increase the percentage of manually recounted the ballots to verify the machine and software.

No comments:

Post a Comment