Sunday, July 29, 2007

A Couple of Things

First there is a really good article that I would recommend in Curve On-line magazine that I am reading.

The other thing is I haven’t gotten use to having doors held open and men letting me in line before them. I went to one of those convenience stores yesterday, after I pumped my gas I went inside to pay and buy some milk and a guy opened the door and held it for me. (It wasn’t like he held the door as he walked and I was following him, he actually stepped ahead of me an opened the door and stood aside.) Then later I went to get in line to pay and he stepped aside and let me go ahead of him. (Yes, I did thank him on both occasion.). It felt nice that he did that but at the same tine I felt he didn’t have to do that, I could have opened the door or waited in line a little bit longer.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's pretty cool! Next step, perhaps, would be to expect others to open it for you like most of the people I work with. There is a funny little pause whenever I'm walking with one of them and we reach a closed door. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a very good article- thanks for the recommendation. I wish more people were more accepting and open and less focused on the minute details.

    It's funny that you mention the door thing as I'm working on my son to be sure he does that for women. Mostly he's good, but he forgets. Maybe it's old-fashioned or sexist of me to teach that, but I feel it is just good manners.

    ReplyDelete