Friday, June 01, 2007

I Got My Thirty Day Notice

I just received my thirty day notice for my lay-off.
Even though I knew it was coming and I am looking forward to retiring I am still a little sad. After all I worked there for over 28 years and I have made a lot of friends, I will miss them. I will miss getting up each morning and knowing what I will be doing that day.
And I am also a little scared about transitioning. It was a goal I looked forward to almost all my life and now that it is within sight I am nervous, all those evil “What ifs”. The biggest “What if” is what if once I change my name and if I have a hard time going full time and I cannot stand all the stares and comments then what?
I know I have crossed many bridges and this will be one more to cross, but I hate burning the bridge behind me.

3 comments:

  1. Don't worry. It will all work out for you (it has so far, hasn't it?). But, good luck anyway!

    Staci

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's scary. It has to be, with so many huge changes. I have faith that it will all come together for you. You have the knowledge and the will to make it happen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll do fine, my dear. Things will work out well. Take care.

    ReplyDelete